Can you believe its almost the new year? It actually seams kind of surreal, this year even more so than others! :) I hope everyone had a very merry christmas and you got everything on your wishlist! I've been getting into somewhat of a bad (depending on how you look at it) habit where I get up and have chocolate for breakfast and lunch and then leftover turkey and stuffing for dinner! Dont get me wrong I've been looooooving it, but today I wanted to switch things up a bit and eat something healthy for a change! I was totally in the mood for sushi so instead of making actual sushi I decided I wanted to make sushi salad! Let me tell you it turned out just splendidly and its sooo delicious!
Laurens Sushi Salad Recipe:
- Sushi Rice
- Rice Vinegar
- Desired amount of: cucumber, carrot, red bell pepper and spring onion
- Chili Sauce
- Lime (optional)
- Seaweed sheets (optional)
1. Make your rice by cooking some sushi rice and adding sushi rice sauce which is made of sugar, salt and rice vinegar, I also added some chili paste for a bite!
2. Finely dice some cucumber, red bell pepper, spring onions and carrots and then add that to the rice.
3. Give it a taste and add some salt, sugar or rice vinegar if it needs it! I also added a tiny squeeze of lime juice as well!
4. Lastly dice up some avocado and add it to the mixture as well, along with some torn up seaweed sheets and sesame seeds! :) YUM!
I've pretty much been living on this all day, its so yummy! I love that it really is so customizable and you could add your own twist to it!
Love you guys, merry christmas!!!